Ten Health Benefits of Cinnamon
1. Anyone of the two constituents namely Cinnamaldehyde and Eugenol are present in various forms of cinnamon, which are known to fight cancer cells of Leukemia (blood cancer) and Lymphoma (cancer of immune cells or lymphocytes).
2. Cinnamon is known to have anti-fungal properties. To clean a body part affected with fungal infection, one should mix cinnamon oil with water and clean the affected area for three days with this mixture.
3. Cinnamon acts as a weight reducer and helps in blood thinning. It also helps promote blood circulation. Cinnamon and honey combination is perfect for weight loss. This combination can be used in tea or can be consumed directly for weight loss.
4. Known for its anti-bacterial properties, cinnamon is the best remedy for stomachaches and stomach flu.
5. Regular intake of cinnamon in tea or other foods can be beneficial for those with Type 2 Diabetes, as it helps control their blood sugar variations and also helps those with insulin resistance.
6. Regular intake of cinnamon helps reduce arthritis pain. A regular massage with cinnamon oil also works wonders for arthritis patients.
7. Being a rich source of manganese and iron, cinnamon can be used in the skin treatments. Many skin related problems such as dandruff or acne can be cured with cinnamon. A cinnamon and honey mixture if applied on acne for a couple of days, helps treat the acne problem.
8. A rich source of calcium, regular intake of cinnamon can help fight osteoporosis.
9. Cinnamon tea also helps fight sore throat. Honey and cinnamon tea, if consumed regularly, can help fight cold symptoms and keep throat infections at bay. Many home remedies include key ingredients as Cinnamon and honey for sore throat and cough.
10. Cinnamon is known to lower LDL, i.e. the bad cholesterol. People with hereditary heart disease and cholesterol problems should include cinnamon in their daily diet without fail.
Apart from these top ten health benefits, cinnamon is also known to help treat patients with symptoms of neurological disorders such as Alzheimer and Parkinson. And hence cinnamon is considered to be one of the super foods.