Friday, February 4, 2011

Funda of eating small meals at regular interval

I have been hearing a lot about this lately and it did make me think whether eating small meals really works. I would say yes, it works because i tried it for week's time and felt a lot of difference in my appetite and general working of my body. I used to do a job earlier but then quit because I couldn't manage kid and his school and daily chores. See now I am a homemaker, who works from home apart from doing the daily chores. Now of course I don't have to deal with anything like washing utensils or sweeping and wiping etc etc (my maid takes care of that). I cook, I dust the house and I do marketing (I mean buying vegetables, fish and daily groceries). But other than that I don't go for a walk, I quit my yoga sessions because they take a lot of time and I have no time for yoga whole day (Trust me, its just a excuse I am making) But anyways the whole funda is, since I lack physical exercise I think that my stomach gets too bloated if I eat whole lunch and dinner comprising of dal, chapati, vegetables, fish curries, etc etc. Then most of my time goes sitting in front of my desktop.

So I thought I would start having small meals as it is been said around 5 - 6 times a day. And the fact is since you are at home, you very often tend to get snacky and just keep munching something or the other. So I stick to my plan for a week's time. I switched to small meals, like I had light breakfast with either toasts or French Omelet. I had just 2 chapatis for lunch with 1 vegetable preparation. I snacked on a fruit or a salad or a health bar or even some oil free munchies throughout the day. I had light dinner 2 hours before bedtime and a glass of milk before sleeping. And you know what it worked.

The whole experience made me feel better and I was very happy. And above all my stomach felt lighter and was happy too. So now I have decided to switch on this funda permanently and  am going to experiment with some recipes and try and make or cook recipes which would be easier to be included in these short meal session. I would write about them, don't worry... c u for now...bye..

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...