Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Trip to Ovalekar Wadi



I am not aware about how many Mumbaikars really know this park, but I wasn't until few days ago I came across a newspaper article which surprised me. Never  I  had even a slightest idea about the existence of such a eco-friendly place near Thane that too so closer to my house. There must be so many such places close-by but all you need to do is get to know about them. When I get to know I go and visit. Not for me but as I have mentioned before I want my child to see such places. My child, like many others have made up his mind that a great timepass for a day is to visit a nearby shopping mall, enjoy McDonald's happy meal with a toy and watch a movie in multiplex. Visiting any other places is a uncomfortable idea for him, unless he gets to travel by A/C buses or cars. But I want him to know that life is more than all this. So I have just got super excited by the idea of taking him to such places (I am a woman on a mission now) where life exists but in real way!

A visit to Ovalekar Wadi Butterfly Garden is one such experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...